Monday, June 15, 2009

A Wookie, not a wiki


I am now determined to finish the playground! I looked back at what I had to do, and really I have now had some experience with all of these things.
Technorati - well, if I want to search blogs, this is the tool I would use. But I can't say it is something I use on a regular basis.
Social Networking - I guess I live in my own little world. If I want to get in touch with my friends, I phone or email them. I have asked lots of people, especially young ones, if they are on Facebook or whatever and a lot of them say it's just too time consuming. One person said, on Facebook, it's not the quality of friends you have but the quantity. I agree with this! However, having said that, I have watched Elizabeth pull up pictures of her distant relatives' wedding in Nassau from Facebook and was most impressed.
Wikis - who hasn't used Wikipedia? It is my first go-to source for an overview of just about anything. A wonderful use of the concept.
YouTube - I have wasted many an hour watching YouTube videos.

Ok, covered off 4 topics! Yeah! Now I just have podcasting and audiobooks to summarize.

No comments: